Sunday, July 26, 2009

It's like that one

Saturday and Sunday mornings are the busiest time for the Tiong Bahru Estate.

These are the 2 days where people will bother to drive all the way here to do their “marketing” and traffic usually comes to a slow crawl.

And when the traffic slows down, the tempers quickens.

And it is usually during such occasions that people from Planet Oblivion stands out the most!

And I spotted one from that planet today!

I was trying to get onto Tiong Bahru Road via Kim Pong Road from Lim Liak Street.

And the 2 lane became 1 lane because this driver decided that that was a cool place to park his car and bask in the morning sun.

If you see the picture, the whole right-most lane was rendered useless and this guy was totally oblivious to the situation.

I’m not against anyone parking along the road to wait for someone but I supposed common sense must prevail right?

If my car is clogging up traffic, I will move it somewhere else.

Why can’t this guy park his car along Lim Liak Street so that he doesn’t get in the way of other motorists?

There are also other carpark lots on the other side of the road.

But many a times, I’ve seen inconsiderate drivers parked their cars on this side of the road while they scoot off to the Tiong Bahru Post Office to do their errands and everyone else has to squeeze into 1 lane.

Anyway, this inconsiderate act will continue to surface every now and then and no one can do anything about it.

And since we cannot do anything about it, the next time I see such stuff again, I will just say this to amuse myself: “It’s like that one*.


*It’s like that one” - I heard this great statement while I was listening in to the morning show of 98.7 for several mornings....those deejays kept saying: “It’s like that one”. It is Singlish but it is funny!

No comments: