Sunday, October 26, 2008

Profound Loss @ Eng Hoon Street

Take a look at these images:


Photo courtesy of hyacinthus

Photo courtesy of TEH

These images have just become very valuable because they will never be captured on another camera or video devices ever:



A new commercial building will replace that beautiful building.



I was speechless when I saw the on going demolition.

I had always wanted to snap some pictures of this place but never really got around to doing it.


The only pictures I had was taken earlier this year:









When I saw them covering up the place with netting, I enquired around and was told that the building was not safe as tiles from the roof were falling onto the parked cars.

And the building owners were asked to do something about it.

I suppose the easiest thing for them to do was to demolish that building to make it safe for everyone!

I really miss that JACK ROOF. That loss will be too profound for me to accept for a long long time.

1 comment:

hyacinthus said...

The structure is probably too weak to be conserved. It looks like 60s / 70s shophouse along Telok Ayer St.