Monday, January 21, 2008

Kingfisher



Spotted this injured Kingfisher bird while walking to my car.


At 1st I thought it was one of those realistic looking toy.


My curiosity got the better of me and I approached it to check it out.


The kingfisher flinched but it seems helpless and could not move or flap it's wings.


"Must be hurt" I thought. All birds will try their best to get away from humans unless they are incapacitated.


I saw some town council employees pruning the trees nearby. Could they have injured the bird while cutting down the leaves.


"Maybe it is a nestling" my wife said.


"Better not touch it!" I said cowardly.....(bird flu was on my mind)


Anyway, my wife was so annoyed with me trying to take pictures of the bird instead of helping it.


By the time I returned (about 30 minutes later), the bird was gone!


I hope the "cat lover" auntie that lives next to where the bird was found has rescued it.

No comments: